COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL PLANNING
We follow a three-step process to create a comprehensive financial plan that aligns your financial goals with your values.
1. First, we will listen to understand what money means to you and how it fits into your life. Then we will organize your finances so you have a clear picture of where you currently stand right now.
2. Next, we will talk about your financial goals. What are your short, medium, and long-term goals? What are your dreams? We will work together to clarify your goals so that they are crystal clear and tangible.
3. Finally, we will create actionable steps to get you on a path towards financial independence.
This process is not something we do once and set aside on a bookshelf. Like physical fitness, your financial plan needs constant attention throughout your professional career and beyond. We will be there every step of the way to guide you and make sure your money is working for you.
The investment to get started consists of an up front fee ranging from $500 to $3,000 and an ongoing monthly fee based upon an annual fee of 1.00% of investable assets.
The minimum fee is $200 per month (or $2,400 per year).
QUICK START PLAN
What if you only have a few urgent financial questions and you need someone to provide an independent review? The Quick Start Plan is a great option. Together we will tackle 2-3 of your most pressing needs. We will follow up with actionable recommendations for you within 24 hours of our meeting. If you decide that you want to become a Comprehensive Planning client, you can apply the Quick Start Plan fee towards the initial planning fee.
Sample engagements include:
- How should I tackle my student debt?
- What factors should I consider when I purchase my first home?
- How much should I put in my 401(k)?
- How do I get out of credit card debt?
- What investments should I choose within my 401(k)?
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- College saving strategies
- How do I prioritize saving towards my emergency fund vs. 401(k) vs. paying down debt?
- Where do I currently stand financially?
- Help me get my arms around my cash flow and budget
- How to optimize stock options
- How to minimize taxes
- How to coordinate investment accounts across your household
- Am I invested in the appropriate investment vehicles?
- Should I sell or rent my condo?
FINANCIAL PLANNING BY THE HOUR
Sometimes you might have just one burning question that may fall outside of the packages above. I also offer single engagements based on an hourly rate depending on the complexity of your situation. During our initial conversation we will discuss the scope of the engagement and agree upon the services and fee. Depending on the situation, a deposit may be due. It will be the lesser of either $500 or ½ of the agreed upon fee.
Our methodology assembles a diversified portfolio of individual investment grade bonds and only the highest quality Blue Chip companies selected for their low volatility and annually increasing dividend income. These stocks cost nothing to hold in a portfolio and historically outperform the S&P 500 on a long term basis.
For financial planning clients, we do not charge any fees for investment advice.